Thursday, October 26, 2006

Not Strep throat

Good deal. My throat started feeling better today, so since it's getting better on its own, it's a virus, not Strep throat. I officially clear myself to go back to work tomorrow. Still not 100%, but lots better, and hopefully no longer infectious.

I had my first visitor to my new site, my cousin Shane. He posted a comment on my first entry. He's such a peach, and we always have so much fun together. We don't have as much time as we used to, to do things like go to concerts or just hang out, but he'll always be one of my best buddies. We've seen some great shows together, including the B-52's (once in Indianapolis and once in Chicago), R.E.M., Blondie, and others that I can't even begin to remember.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, because Ken and I are big football fans, especially of Notre Dame. The Irish play Navy this weekend, and that's always a great game, with a fine tradition of good sportsmanship. I'm hoping for good things from my favorite player this year, Jeff Samardzija, AKA Shark.

Go Shark, Go Shark! He's so much fun to watch, and just seems like a natural. He's managed some pretty amazing catches. And no matter what some people think, I think he has cool hair!

We also like the NFL, but we may have a little problem there. I'm a Colts fan, and Ken is a Bears fan. Most of the time that isn't a problem. I cheer for the Bears when they're not playing the Colts, and vice versa for Ken, but since they're in different divisions, that rarely happens. But the buzz this year, despite months to go in the season, is that we're going to see a Colts/Bears Superbowl. I think it would be quite a game--one of the best offenses against one of the best defenses--but what would it do to our happy home?! Nah, we'd be fine. One of us would be happy for the other one, and then sob quietly into his or her pillow later that night. All a part of being a fan, right? Spoken like a true Cubs fan!

No comments: