Sunday, February 4, 2007

The Big Day

Whew, it's finally here! Two weeks of waiting, and only five and a half hours to go. I'm trying to limit my pregame viewing--you can only watch so much, y'know?

I came across this in my file the other day, and it made me chuckle. After seeing the video of Peyton dancing the tango as a youngster (which seems to be everywhere today), it reminded me of it.

Cute, huh?

There was an article in Time the other day about how people either love or hate Manning. I couldn't understand how anyone could hate the guy, but after reading the article, I guess I understood it a little bit. He really does do a lot of commercials (which I think are funny), and I suppose an opponent might get sick of seeing his face. The author of the article ended by saying that he's cheering against Peyton, because he doesn't think it's fair for the guy to "have it all." Good looks, money, one of the best ever in the NFL (and of course, the laser rocket arm)...yeah, I guess it makes sense to NOT want the guy to succeed. On second thought, I don't understand it one little bit, and I think the author is a mean-spirited jerk. So there.

Besides, Manning is an occasional guest on The Bob and Tom Show, and he's quite funny and personable; Bob and Tom say he's one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet. So I make no apologies for my love of Peyton. I think he's one of the best, and I truly hope he and the team get their rings today.

No comments: