Sunday, February 11, 2007

A day off!

Actually, I had to work today, so my day off isn't until tomorrow. However, my day off starts when I leave work, so from 3 PM on, it was official! I'm looking forward to tomorrow, because not only am I not working, I'm going to be talking to my buddy Jim in Indy. We worked together several years ago, and although we never really lost touch, we haven't talked in a long time. We've been emailing about the Colts, and agreed it would be fun to have a phone chat! Yay!

At the moment, I'm a little obsessed with researching a new digital camera. Mine is a genuine dinosaur, one I've had for a good 7 years or so. It's a Sony Mavica, and to give you an idea, it uses floppy discs! I read an article in the paper today that PC World is actually going to stop making floppys. And when we got a new computer a few months ago, it didn't come with a floppy drive, so we had to get a stand-alone. This tells me it's time to get a new camera, although the Mavica was so convenient to use, and floppys are so cheap. (And by the way, I had a digital camera before everyone and their brother had one!) It will be nice to have one that is much smaller and easier to cart around, so I'm looking forward to a new one. Right now I'm leaning towards a Canon.

Yes, it is still cold here. I'm about sick of this, and I'm getting a touch of cabin fever. I'm actually quite content to be inside, and I always find things to do, but now I'm starting to think of how much I enjoy putting on my gardening clothes and straw cowboy hat and heading out to the garden. The warmth of the sun, the peace and quiet (just the sound of birds), planting seeds and knowing we'll get some wonderful veggies soon...sigh. Yep, I'm ready for spring.

It could be worse, though. Poor upstate New York--I can't even imagine dealing with that much snow!

No comments: