Sunday, February 25, 2007

Caribbean Dreamin'

It's a nasty day here in the Midwest. I had to work this morning, so I drove to work in a soupy mix of ice, water, and snow. (It could have been worse and been all ice.) I've never driven in anything quite like it before. No problems, just took it easy. On the way home, it was 33° and raining. Now it has gotten cold enough so that it has turned to snow. When will we be done with this?! Argh!

So today I started daydreaming about something fun coming up this summer, and created my little ticker:


(Seems it only works as you refresh the page. I'll have to see if I can work on that so it actually counts down.)

Yippee! That's right, this summer we're spending a week at our timeshare in New Smyrna Beach, Florida (love it--it's Daytona Beach without the craziness), then we're spending a week on a Western Caribbean cruise. I've already started planning what to pack, etc., but then I'm a little obsessive about list-making. I bought some nice summer clothes on sale at the end of last season, so I'm ready to set sail! After today's weather, I'm even more ready.

We're taking the kids, and I know they'll enjoy it, too. We'll be stopping in Jamaica, Haiti (a private beach), Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. We've booked some neat activities, like snorkeling with stingrays, but my personal favorite is taking a hike to see the Mayan ruins near Cozumel. At the moment, all I can think of is how warm it's going to be, and how good it will feel. It can't come quick enough for me, although as my Mom said the other day, it seems a shame to wish your life away, but she can hardly wait for spring to get here!

No comments: