Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Gators got it

Wow, Gators kicked some butt last night. I didn't make it through the whole game, but I woke up a few times to check the score. Last time I saw the score, it was 30-14 at the end of the third. When I woke up next, the Gators had won it, but I didn't hear the final score till this morning. Whew. I'll chalk some of it up to the Buckeyes having 50-some days since they last played, but I don't think you can blame it all on that. Florida was just freakishly fast, and they absolutely deserve the championship. Cousin Robert and Cousin Steven, the Gator alums in the family, must be on Cloud Nine right now! Congrats to them and to the team.

While I'm speaking of football, I don't think I'm the only one who has thought of this. Have you noticed the cool Cablecam they use on Fox? It's the camera that hangs over the field and gets some neat overhead shots:

I know it's suspended on cables, but it always looks to me like it's flying over the field, and it makes me chuckle every time. But does it remind you of anything? Does the name Nomad ring a bell? Check him out:

Yep, it's Nomad from the Star Trek episode "The Changeling." If you recall, Spock does a mindmeld with the thing to basically explode its brain. So every time I see Cablecam when I'm watching football, I have to say, "I...am...Nomad." It amuses me, if no one else.

No comments: