Thursday, November 9, 2006

Ahhh, what a relief!

MAN, am I ever glad the elections are over. I'm not thrilled with the outcome, but hey, those are the breaks. I was so sick of seeing the same ads over and over that I could hardly stand it anymore. One ray of light in the darkness was the ads aired by one of Indiana's senators, Richard Lugar. Granted, the guy didn't have any real opposition, and hasn't for years, but his ads were about only the positive things he's done, such as working with world leaders to reduce nuclear weapons. His opponent wasn't even mentioned, let alone trashed. Wow, what a concept! But then Sen. Lugar has always been a class act.

Call me a silly girl, but as I was waiting in line to cast my vote, I was on the verge of getting choked up. What a great thing that we have the opportunity to do that, and it hasn't been that long ago that women didn't have the right to vote. Think of all the people around the world that do not live in a place where they have the freedom to choose their leaders. I know there are some problems with our political system, and I believe there are steps that can be taken to change some things, but it's still a remarkable privilege. Besides, if you don't vote, you don't get to bitch about what they're doing wrong. It's a law.

Looking forward to some games this weekend. Notre Dame vs. Air Force (it's always a cool thing to play the military academies), and the Colts are looking to go 9-0.

Six deer in the back yard the other night. These were obviously eating well. They looked fat 'n sassy, so there are no starving deer at our place. I haven't even put out any food for them yet.

No comments: