Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope everyone has a good one! I will be working hard to bring you correct and timely lab results, but I hope to get out of there at a decent time and go chow down at the family feast.

It's cold here at the moment, but tomorrow it's supposed to get up into the mid-sixties! Wow, amazing for this time of year. I heard that Orlando had snow yesterday. That is very uncommon. I have lots of cousins and relatives in that area. I'm sure they were not happy to see snow! Although I do remember my cousin Steve telling me that when living in northern Florida, one time after getting two inches of snow, they went out and played in it. Isn't that cute? I can't say I enjoy playing in the snow at all anymore, but it is pretty neat to take a walk in the woods after a nice snowfall. It's SO quiet, and everything looks so fresh and clean and white. Hey, I'm sure I have a picture of a snowfall from last year or a couple of years ago. Here we go:

Isn't that pretty? It's part of our backyard, with a path leading out to the marsh. Not that I'm wishing for snow!

I'm also working the Friday after Thanksgiving, which means I won't get to go shopping. <pause>

Bwah-hah-hah-hah! Anyone who knows me knows how much I hate going to the mall or battling any kind of crowd at something like Black Friday. Sure, it sounds like there are some incredible deals, but you know what? I'd gladly pay quite a few dollars extra for something if it meant I didn't have to deal with any kind of crowd. Nothing gets me out of the Christmas spirit more than going to the mall to shop. What am I thankful for this Thanksgiving? Online shopping. Thank you, Al Gore, for inventing the Internet! <snort>

 

No comments: