Monday, November 20, 2006

Law Enforcement Magnet

I'm not sure what the deal is lately, but I've been attracting some unwanted attention from law enforcement officials.

The other morning I was on my way to work, and I got pulled over because I failed to come to a complete stop at a four-way stop. Granted, I was in the wrong, and the policeman was well within his rights to pull me over. But keep in mind: this was at 6:15 in the morning, on a country road. There are other houses around us, so it's not like we're completely alone out here, but it really is quite rural. The police officer just happened to be there and see me roll through the intersection. Darn it! It was okay, though, he just gave me a warning since I have no points on my record.

Today, I was coming back from the store, and a sheriff followed me for a couple of miles, again, on a country road. I had to set my cruise control so I didn't exceed 40 mph, but he hung with me for a while. I guess he was waiting to see if I'd go any faster, but I looked in my rearview mirror and said, "Yeah, I see you!"

Someone said it probably doesn't help that I have a flashy car. I suppose it is kind of flashy, but I love it because it's my fourth Mustang. I call him Slick:

He's a GT (a V8 engine) and he'll go fast when I need him to. Couldn't do that today, though, with the sheriff on my tail! Actually, I'm not one to speed excessively...not anymore.

So I suppose it could be the car that's garnering a little more attention than I want. Or it could be racial profiling. Just another example of The Man keeping us short, white, 40-something girls down.

No comments: