Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner."

Ken was told that I need to "grow up" and "realize my place."

Heee heeeeeee!

Anyone who knows me will get a chuckle out of that. "Realize my place," eh? Where might that be? Chained in the basement? I'm quite comfortable with my place, thank you very much. That would be as a responsible and productive member of society, as well as a full partner to my husband. Ken and I talk about things. We plan things together. And we make major decisions together. Maybe I missed something along the way, but I'm pretty sure that's one of the things that you strive for in a relationship. We've had a plan since before we got married. We've been working on that for six years now, and it's going swimmingly. That's how it goes when partners are of the same mind and work together to achieve their goals. Yeah...I kinda like "my place."

People who know me also know that I'm not a quiet little flower that sits in the corner. I'm a fairly calm person, but I'm not afraid to speak my mind when the occasion calls for it. And when it comes to protecting my family and friends, you'd better believe I am involved. I can't imagine being any other way.

No comments: