Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thanksgiving comes a week early

Hey, AOL Journals has a new look (not all that different, though) and new features. The one that I think is the best is the Google search bar at the top. You can search within the blog or on the Web. Nice!

Criminy (or as Kim says, "Great Googly-Moogly!"), it was busy at work today.  I had intended to go to the grocery store after work, but I just wanted to head home. My brain was fried. I'm off tomorrow, so I'll make a quick trip then. Since it was so busy, one of the things I was grateful for today (among the usual stuff--living, healthy, happy, sane) was that Sarah did a few things for me, and that really took the pressure off. She was scheduled as a float, so that's what she was supposed to do, but it was very much appreciated! Thanks, Sarah!

Another thing I was grateful for was that Alissa brought me a dozen eggs. She didn't just buy me eggs and give them to me as a present, of course. They have 12 chickens at their place, and they're ALL laying now. She said they're getting a dozen eggs a day, so she's bringing them in for everyone in the department. They're the prettiest brown eggs I think I've ever seen! I can't wait to try them--she said that they're really good, with much higher nutrition, because they're basically free-range chickens. She said her son Jake loves the chickens, has given them all names--my favorite is Sweet Cheeks--and he will catch grasshoppers and feed them to the chickens. So not only are they free-range, they're hand-fed! Those are some lucky chickens. Even luckier than they know, because now that Jake has named them all, there's no way they're ever going to eat any of them. Thanks, Alissa! (And thanks Jake, for taking such good care of Sweet Cheeks, Mr. Fasty, and the rest of the gang!)

Finally, I'm grateful to my friend Jim for giving me a good laugh. He also gets the award for Phrase of the Day. He read something I had sent him, and his comment was, "Jeez...kinda reads like the Unabomber Manifesto." Thanks Jimi!

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of home grown eggs.  I get them when I can from various chicken owning friends.  Sounds like Sweet Cheeks has a good life!  For a chicken!
Traci

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say I've never had a "local" egg, at least that I know of. I can't wait to try them!