Friday, April 27, 2007

A little spring cleaning

Okay, very little. But at least it was something! (All the advice people say to "start small." No problem.)

Our spice cupboard has been driving me crazy. We have one of those tiered shelves that helps to cram everything in there, but when it comes time to look for a particular spice, you have to move everything and dig for it. What a pain! So I found a couple of those wire racks that attach to the inside of the cabinet door. I filled them all up but still couldn't fit everything in there. That's okay--it was still a good chance to go through everything and toss out the old stuff and wipe down the shelf.

Something puzzled me, though. Why the heck did I buy tarragon?? I don't believe I've ever used it, and I can't think of anything I make that calls for it. I must have found a recipe somewhere that called for tarragon, and then I never made the recipe. I don't even know what the stuff tastes like.

No comments: