Thursday, April 5, 2007

Wha' happen?

Huh?

It was 70° on Tuesday, and it didn't get above freezing today. I am just downright depressed. I didn't even want to look at the tulips that were coming up, because they were getting ready to bloom and they're probably nothing but little tulip corpses now. On the news last night, they were talking about how to protect your flowers and shrubs from freezing, and said the best way is to cover them. I told Ken, "Hey, got several thousand square feet of sheets? We need to get out and cover everything!" I suppose when you've got a small yard or garden, that'll work, but it's kind of hard to cover 11 acres of budding trees. Well, things will survive. It's not like it will kill everything, but it might cause some problems with the fruit trees. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

On a happier note, I was quite excited to see that some of my seeds are popping up! After only 3 days! I'm quite surprised. I have 3 tiny little broccoli sprouts. I'll be so excited if I can actually grow some broccoli. We love the stuff--it's good for you, and it's so tasty! too! (I'm channeling Lucy and her Vitameatavegamin commercial, if you didn't catch that.)

No comments: