Yesterday I wrote about Time's list of things we can do to help the environment, and the things on the list that we won't be doing for various reasons. Today I'll write about a few that we do or will do.
* Change light bulbs to compact fluorescent. We've already started this, and yes, they do cost more, but they last lots longer, and I think they're brighter, too.
* Live in a smaller house. This house is just right for us--it's on the small side, but that's okay. Less to clean, too!
* When doing laundry, use warm or cold water instead of hot. Always wash a full load instead of small loads. I've done this for years.
* Same goes for the dishwasher: wait until it's full to run it. We just bought a new dishwasher a few months ago, and they're so efficient now that they say to not even rinse the dishes before loading--it actually uses more energy to rinse them first.
* Pay bills online and use direct deposit to cut down on paper. Ken doesn't pay all the bills online, but we both have direct deposit.