Monday, April 2, 2007

Nutwood Walking Tour

luvrte66's AOL Pictures Public Gallery. 

I was inspired by the lovely day, and took a walk around the place. I took my camera along, and got a few pictures. Things look a little drab yet, but if you look closely, you can see all kinds of green popping out. I love this time of year! Ken has taken the time and energy to make a wonderful path through the marsh (and he's working on one through the woods), and I'm so happy he did. It makes for a pretty little walk.

I had a lot to do today, but it was so nice I decided to stop and take the time to enjoy our place to its fullest. I'm glad I did, because around Wednesday, the bottom is supposed to drop out, and temperatures will get below freezing. That's why I didn't plant anything in the garden today--lettuce, spinach, etc. like it cool, but below freezing is probably a little too cool for them. However, I did get my seeds planted today, they are sitting under the growlights as I type, and I'm as happy as a little girl. Especially because I had a fun surprise--I opened the seed packet of Salsa Delight Peppers, and there was an extra little seed packet in there. It's the Mystery Seed! So of course I had to plant some, and I can hardly wait to see what pops up. They look sort of like green onion or leek seeds, but it's not like I'm a seed expert or anything. What fun!

In case you don't want to check out all the pictures on my little Nutwood Walking Tour, I'll put one up here--I just love this one. It's a bulb I planted last fall, and it's some type of hyacinth, but I don't remember what kind. I think the white-tinged-with-blue is so pretty, though....

No comments: