Saturday, June 9, 2007

Cry me a river, honey

I think this bears another look! I think Dan is a bit of a genius, as well as having a little precognition.

I have a couple of things to say about this whole CF (any military folks out there will know exactly what that means) with Paris Hilton. First of all, I don't think the sheriff had any authority to release her to home confinement--the judge specified that that was NOT to happen. Second, home confinement?! I'd LOVE the chance to be confined to our house for 45 days, and we don't even have a pool! What kind of punishment is that? Come on.

Third, I thought her reaction was that of a spoiled kid who has always gotten her way. When she finally got called on her behavior (if you recall, she was DUI!), she freaked and suddenly she's on the verge of suicide or a nervous breakdown. Well, boo-hoo. Keep her in the mental ward and watch her, but KEEP her there. Isn't it time someone sent a message to these people who think they are above the law, or think that their money will get them out of any mess they get themselves into? (Ken wondered who the check was cut to.) There's a little thing called personal responsibility, and it's about time people start to understand exactly what that means.

Finally, it sickens me that I'm even writing about this crap. I don't give a rat's ass about Paris Hilton, but I DO care about justice and equity. I watched the NBC News last night, and I think Brian Williams' (I really like him!) reaction was exactly right. He seemed to be almost pissed off that he had to report on the story, especially when there was really big stuff going on like Pace being removed as the head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. But it was a big story, and as a news program, they had to report on it. You could tell it just stuck in his craw, though. I'm with ya, man.

One more thing. If you're the heiress to a fortune, don't you think you could, oh, I don't know....

HIRE A DRIVER??? (I only wish I had echo effect on here.)

 

 

No comments: