Friday, June 15, 2007

A little preoccupied

I can focus on two things lately.

First, our vacation. I've started packing, and I daydream about it constantly. Not just the cruise, but the week prior in Florida at our timeshare. This has traditionally been our week to totally and completely chill, and we pretty much sit on the balcony and read, or lay out on the beach, or play in the ocean. It's the most laidback week we have, and I look forward to it each and every year! Usually we head home, refreshed and revitalized, after a week, but this time we venture off on a cruise for the second week. That's a whole 'nother set of planning and research, and I'm looking forward to that, as well. I've never been on a cruise before, and I think it's going to be a blast!

Second, it's been very hot and humid here lately. In the high 80's or lower 90's. My only goal when I get home is to get done what I need to get done inside and then head out to sit on the deck and read. Not only is it cooler to sit outside, I find that I treasure these summer days more and more, and don't want to be sitting inside when I don't have to. I don't always get done what I need to get done for the next day (the little things like making coffee and lunches) until right before bedtime, but it's worth it to just take a little time and enjoy what our place has to offer this time of year. I might be reading, but I'm also watching and listening to the birds, and I get a chance to watch them at the feeders.

So my posting and my email correspondence has been suffering, but I'm not going to feel overly guilty about it. Some things are priority, and enjoying this weather is one of them.

Quick note: there has been a lot of speculation about the finale of "The Sopranos." I don't care what anyone says or thinks, Tony is NOT DEAD. Do you hear me? Not dead. I refuse to believe that. Fuggedaboudit.

No comments: