Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A little melancholy

I found out last night that a friend of ours has been upset with us for about nine months, and this is the first we've heard of it. This upsets me to no end. First of all, I feel really bad that we hurt his feelings with our opinion, but I also stand by our opinion. Second, why the heck didn't he say something sooner? Dang. We just love this friend, and really value his friendship, but an issue came up and he feels we "lectured" him on ethics. Okay, I suppose we did lecture. We just felt really strongly about the issue, and we gave him our opinion as friends, but he didn't like our opinion. But jeez, he's known us long enough now to realize that we have no qualms about speaking our minds! Aww man, it just makes me feel bad. C'mon buddy, you know we love you. Next time you're here, I'll make a pot roast...c'mon! You can't resist a pot roast....

<sigh>

On to happier topics. I've been busy with loading music onto our MP3 player for our vacation. Lots of good summer music, like dance music, great summer pop songs like "Semi-Charmed Life," that kind of stuff. I recently got some new CD's: a couple of new Cake CD's (love Cake), Smash Mouth's greatest hits, plus a few I hadn't heard before. I'd heard OF them, but was pleasantly surprised to hear the snippets before I bought them (isn't that a cool thing about ordering online?), and I just LOVE the music. The All-American Rejects are great, but I'm really loving Bowling For Soup. I know this is nothing new, but it's new to me, and it's so much fun! I love a sense of humor, whether it's in my man or my music, and Bowling For Soup has it. I love the lyrics for "High School Never Ends":

Four years you think for sure
That’s all you've got to endure
All the total dicks
All the stuck up chicks
So superficial, so immature
Then when you graduate
You take a look around and you say HEY WAIT!
This is the same as where I just came from
I thought it was over
Aw that’s just great

The whole damn world is just as obsessed
With who‘s the best dressed and who‘s having sex
Who‘s got the money, who gets the honeys
Who‘s kinda cute and who‘s just a mess
And you still don’t have the right look
And you don’t have the right friends
Nothing changes but the faces, the names, and the trends
High school neverends

Check out the popular kids
You’ll never guess what Jessica did
How did Mary Kate lose all that weight
And Katie had a baby so I guess Tom’s straight
And the only thing that matters
Is climbing up that social ladder
Still care about your hair and the car you drive
Doesn’t matter if you’re sixteen or thirty-five

Reese Witherspoon,
She’s the prom queen
Bill Gates,
Captain of the chess team
Jack Black, the clown
Brad Pitt, the quarterback
Seen it all before
I want my money back!!

Ha! I think that's so clever and funny. And the lesson we should all take from this is? That's right...don't ignore the captain of the chess team. That nerdy guy or gal sitting behind you might just end up being one of the richest people in the world (and a philanthropist, to boot).

Since I'm feeling a little blue, I'll put up a picture that makes me happy. Hmm, let's see what we can find...oh, this is perfect. I don't think I've posted it on here before, but it's one of my (and my pal Greg's) favorites.

stuff on my cat always makes me smile. I sent this to the kids, and they actually thought it was our cat, Sheeba, and that we'd dressed him up like Darth Vader! Like we'd ever dress up our cat! Sheesh.

Hey, he did that on his own. We did NOT put our cat in a plastic bag.

Wow, now that I see those pictures together, they DO look a lot alike. It's Sheeba's Evil Twin!

No comments: