Sunday, August 5, 2007

Pictures, etc.

I've finally managed to get some vacation pictures edited and up for your inspection. My new software (Photo Explosion! I still think it's a stupid name.) works like a charm. In fact, I think it's easier than the old software. I've put a link over to the left in my favorite sites, but it's not showing up yet, so you can try here. Oh, there it is! Okay, that'll stay up there for good, and I'll add pictures as I go along. I was hoping that I could put my public gallery into separate subfolders, but no such luck, so weed through and check 'em out as you like. More to come, too. I did remove the NYC-Philly pictures, which I hated to do, but no one wants to shuffle through a couple of hundred photos. If anyone misses any of the pics, let me know and I'll send 'em to you. (I'm talkin' to you, RaQ! <grin>)

I'm watching the Bridgestone Invitational and I am cracking up. Rory Sabbatini was one up on Tiger yesterday, so they're playing together today. If you recall, Sabbatini made some remarks about Tiger a while back, saying that Tiger was "as beatable as ever." (Was he talking about the same Tiger?) Tiger fired back and said that in the past year, he's won three majors...which is exactly how many Sabbatini has won in his entire career. Perhaps Mr. Sabbatini will learn to keep his trap shut, because Tiger is kicking ass and taking names today. Tiger is now 8 under par, and Sabbatini is flatlining at even par. <evil chuckle> It's almost painful to watch, but I'm lovin' it. Tiger has to be one of THE best athletes. Ever. No question in my mind. His sense of competition and his drive to win are both scary and admirable.

Ken is off on his business trip, although there was an hour delay due to weather. This means that I'll be making my usual Ken-is-traveling dinner: Eggplant Parmigiana. It's one of my favorites (behind crab cakes and a killer steak), but Ken absolutely can't stand eggplant. He says it's the texture, and I've spoken to many people who say the same thing. For whatever reason, I just love it, so I make a dish of it when he's away, and eat on it for a few days. I've started using fresh mozzarella instead of shredded, and that makes it even better. Yum.

Later that day...

Eggplant Parmigiana is in the oven. I'm not even going to have a salad with it, I'm just going to eat that.

Whenever Ken goes on trips, it's a good chance for me to catch up on email, and I've been able to spend lots of time working on photos, but I have to say I feel kinda blue right now. Things aren't as much fun without his comments! Sheeba will keep me company for a couple of days. He just came downstairs and flopped, his way of indicating he wants a belly rub (which he got). I've got a good trashy disaster movie on TV ("The Day After Tomorrow"), and we'll see how much of that I can stand. I may work on more pictures after dinner!

Even later...

The eggplant was delicious, and I've got a full tummy. I don't think I'll make it through the rest of the movie, which is also delicious: deliciously trashy! I'd forgotten how bad it was, but it's one of those that's so bad it's good. I love those! Tops on that particular list? "Roadhouse Blues," no doubt about it. If I'm flipping channels and I come across it, I must watch. Just mentioning it makes me want to see it!

I'd also like to mention our anniversary. Not wedding, that's not until November. Nope, it's officially one year since we both stopped smoking. WE ROCK! Of course, once I realized that, I immediately had a craving for a cigarette. How stupid is that? It passed after about 5 seconds, though, so it's okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very interested in Alba Court Inn in New Smyrna. They have torn it down now. So sad . I am with you on it's history . I want to know all about it please or point me in the right direction to finding out. I think it had a few ghost too. But she had to be a grand ole dame when she was in her hey day.
The pisctures did not do her justice when she was at her worst.
Waiting to hear from you please.
Thank you.
Betty Kelley