Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Step on it already!

Maybe I was just feeling cranky, but I thought I was going to lose my mind driving home from work today. People were doing 5-10 miles below the speed limit, and that's just not right. What the heck? I'm happy I get to drive a V8 Mustang, because there is great satisfaction in gunning it to get around people like that. Not only does it make a nice ROAR, it responds very quickly, and I'm on my merry way.

I'm happy to have a day off tomorrow. Work hasn't been stressful lately, although we had our weekly meeting today--meetings are never fun, no matter what your profession! I'm just ready for a day off. A nice hot day is ahead, and besides the usual stuff like laundry, I'll be able to putter. I love to putter. Ken and I also have this weekend off together, so we're looking forward to that. He's playing in a golf scramble Saturday morning, then it's Fightin' Irish football in the afternoon. Oh yeah, babe! Football football football football...I'm singing a little song to football. I love you, football!

I'm excited to get the pictures I ordered in the mail. I've had a digital camera for years, but until I got my new one, I've never printed or ordered photos. I went ahead and ordered a few through AOL Pictures, so it'll be interesting to see how they look. Ken and I were talking last night, and although we have a nice printer, it seems like it would be more expensive to buy photo paper and ink rather than just order them online. It wasn't very expensive at all, so I'm hoping for nice pictures.

A comedian on Bob and Tom was talking about how oil is 60-some dollars a barrel, which is, I think, 60-some gallons (I could be wrong about that). But ink cartridges are like 60-some bucks for 3 ounces of ink! What a valid point. What is it, liquid gold? (Texas tea?)

No comments: