Monday, September 24, 2007

Criminy, it's hot!

What's up with 91° on September 24th?! I think it will cool off fairly fast, but it was a steamy one today.

Blah, it's Monday. Sheeba was curled up so cute this morning, just snoozin' away, and I just wanted to curl up and snooze, too. It ended up being okay, because I had fun talking to people at work, including my buddy Jim, who I don't get to talk to at length too often. He cheered me up quite a bit.

We also had fun discussing The Modern Library Top 100 Novels reading list. My friend Jillian wants to do a book club, with an online discussion group, and it sounds like it might be fun. I'm not much of a joiner when it comes to...well, just about anything. But it would be a lot easier to do an online thing than meet once a week, for instance. Right now, we're trying to convince her that the readers' list sounds a lot more interesting than the editors' list, but I don't think she's buying it. Personally, my concern is that I already have Book Mountain sitting next to my bed, and it's growing instead of shrinking. But I have to admit, it would be neat to read some of those novels that are considered classics, but that you never took the time to read. I've read quite a few on the readers' list, but not so many on the editors' list. I also won't be purchasing any of these novels--this sounds like a job for our Public Library! Although I already own The Grapes of Wrath, and it's one of my favorites. I think I have Tobacco Road and God's Little Acre, too, but I'm not sure if those are both on the editors' list.

Hmm, I seem to be rambling. Sorry 'bout that.

No comments: