Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dandys!

Oooo, their first two CD's are so cool! I still need to listen more closely to them, but on "The Dandy Warhols Come Down," I love "Every Day Should Be A Holiday," "Cool As Kim Deal," and "Not if You Were the Last Junkie on Earth," with the great line "Heroin is so passè." Ha! On "Dandys Rule OK?" I'm liking "The Dandy Warhols TV Theme Song," and the long "It's a Fast Driving Raveup with the Dandy Warhols." But there are some other ones I'm liking a lot, too, thus the need to listen closer. Hey, I'm off on Monday--I've got 5 Dandys CD's, and a 5-disc CD player...looks like a Dandys-a-thon is brewin'!

I wrote about bad behavior and karma yesterday. Boy, I can think of someone who is piling up a big steamin' load of both. I sure wouldn't want to be in their shoes when it all comes due--but then I won't be, because I don't live my life that way! Whew. That's a relief...not just for me, but I'm sure for everyone around me! Besides, it makes for a much more fun life. I enjoy it when I make people laugh, or even just smile, and it always makes my day. Can you imagine being the opposite of that? I sure can't. That would be my Bizarro World, a place where everything I did brought misery and pain to others. What a horrible place that would be in which to exist.

I had a nice email from our friend Kim tonight, and that made me think about something we're all still laughing about. It involves one of the stupidest things I think I've ever said. One night when they were out here visiting, I was getting ready to make dinner. When I looked in the cupboard, I saw a box of couscous. I had made some for Ken and I while back, and neither of us cared for it, so just out of curiosity, I asked Steve, "Do you like couscous?" He said, "It's okay." I said, "Well, I'm not making that." As soon as it was out of my mouth, I realized how stupid that sounded, and we got a good laugh out of it. After they went back, I had a brainstorm, and sent them a package with the box of couscous in it. Kim said that when she opened it, she laughed out loud, and that she laughed about it everytime she walked by the box sitting on the counter. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about--we all had so much fun with that, and even though I know I'll never live it down, it made us all laugh. I'm even grinning sitting here writing about it! That's the kind of stuff that makes life fun.

No comments: