Monday, April 7, 2008

Tagged? Huh?

 

Sheria over at On My Mind left me a nice comment last evening and added a postscript saying that I'd been tagged. I was reading that at 5 AM, and my seriously muddled thought process went something like, "Tagged? What's that? It doesn't sound good. But it's Sheria, so it must be an okay thing. Hey, I need to fill Sheeba's water dish." After I read Sheria's post, things became much clearer. Since I had another emotional day at work today (I'll post more pictures and write about it tomorrow), I thought I'd go with something a little less emo and a little more fun. And Sheria is right, it IS flattering to have someone want to know more about you. Thanks, Sheria!

 

The rules are:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

QUESTIONS:

1) What was I doing 10 yrs ago?

I was not in a good place. I was living with a boyfriend who was emotionally, verbally, and on the verge of becoming physically abusive. Hey, I thought this was supposed to be a little more fun! But wait, there's a happy ending. I started a new job (the one from which I'm now retiring), and quit the crummy relationship. After yet another crummy relationship, I got my act together, met Ken, and here we are! I can definitely say that I've found my happy place, and I am much better off than I was 10 years ago.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):

     Since today is almost over, I'll go with my to-do list for tomorrow, which is my day off this week.

         Do laundry

         Go to the grocery store

         Complete my Static-Cidal and Safety quizzes for work, so I can get my raise

         Write a thank you note to my Mom and Dad for a generous gift we received from them this week

         Make a notice to post at work to see who gets my locker     

3) Snacks I enjoy:

    I don't eat a lot of snacks, but when I do....

          Movie popcorn

          Kit-Kat Bites (also a movie treat)

          Licorice

          Cashews

          Garlic bagel chips

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

    Pay off my sisters' houses

    Contribute bunches to my favorite charities

    Start a scholarship at my alma mater in my parents' name

    Buy an original Andy Warhol

    Pay for my stepchildren's and all my nieces' and nephews' college educations 

5) Five of my bad habits:

     Procrastination

     Falling asleep during a movie

     Scratching my head (no, I really scratch my head too much)

     Being too shy (I consider this a bad habit because I know how to NOT be that way)

     I press my lips together all the time...it drives ME crazy!

6) 5 places I have lived:

     Muncie, Indiana

     Clarksville, Georgia

     Grand Forks, North Dakota

     Indianapolis

     South Bend, Indiana

7) 5 jobs I have had:

     Medical Technologist/Microbiologist--that's it!

8) 5 peeps I wanna know more about:

     Jimmy

     Lori

     Myra

     Dan

     Dorn

     

     

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great answers you've come a long way, I pressed my lips together as I read it ..lol
Take care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

I quit jogging for the same reason.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Yes, we are in a better place now than 10 years ago.  My first marriage was on a steep downward slope in 1998. My work with a consulting firm meant a long commute each day (90 minutes each way on the train to downtown Chicago) plus usually 10+ hour days.  Was also on the verge of bankruptcy, avoided, but it has been a long climb back.  It was January 1999 when I relocated to South Bend, finalized the divorce, and started life over again.  We have been together now 6 1/2 years and have "come a long way baby."  With the exception of not seeing my children as often as I would like, and not having the chance to be more involved in their daily life, it is definitely way better the second tiime around :o)

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your answers very much.  I'm glad that you are now in such a good place, compared to 10 years ago.  That doesn't seem like so long ago, but a lot can happen in 10 years' time, can't it?  Thanks for tagging me.  Come on over to see my answers.
Lori

Anonymous said...

WAHHH! Guess you do not want to know anything about me! boo hoo.
lol
no really, i am kidding.

you have some interesting answers there. You also have lived in some interesting places. I am sure glad you got away from that BAD MAN.
HUGS!