Sunday, February 3, 2008

Iron Beth

When Ken saw me setting up the ironing board, he checked the thermometer and said, "What's going on? Hell isn't freezing over!" Hardy-har. Actually, I can't dispute that at all. My usual M.O. is to remove the clothes from the dryer promptly, to keep them from wrinkling. If they're too wrinkled, I use Downy Wrinkle Releaser (great stuff!), and if they're beyond even that...I throw them back in to be washed again. Yep, I'm admitting it here. So I ironed a pair of his pants, and one of his shirts. I'm feeling quite proud of myself! There will come a time, when I'm not working, when I won't mind ironing clothes. That time is not now. Ironed clothes really do look better, though, don't they?

About 45 minutes from kickoff. Ken is getting some work done (work-work as opposed to around-the-house-or-yard-work) before the game, and I'm puttering. I'll gather everything together for our munchie food dinner in a moment. I think I forgot to mention olives and little dill pickles. I'm getting hungry!

Did anyone see Paula Abdul perform her new single? I'm not a huge fan of that kind of music, but that was okay. She looks pretty good! I think she was lip-synching, though.

There have been several spots from the NFL with various players urging people to register and vote. Good job, NFL!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Work-Work done for tonight.  Go Giants. :o)

Anonymous said...

I don't work but I rarely iron and I know that hell would be freezing over if I was fixin' to iron lots of things!!  LOL
Traci

Anonymous said...

i did not watch the SB so i did not see Paula sing. I do like her though. i hate to iron!

hugs, lisa

Anonymous said...

I can iron, quite well actually.....I just really don't (Make that won't) unless there is no choice of the matter; And yes, I do own a steam iron and board....(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

As a kid, I remember ironing my Dad's handkerchiefs. I enjoyed that, because I felt that I was being helpful. (I've always loved it that my Dad uses handkerchiefs! Is there anything better when you're upset than having a gentleman hand you his handkerchief?) My Mom laughs now about how she used to iron Dad's unmentionables. :) She doesn't do that any more, by the way!

Beth