Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I could get used to this....

For the third day in a row, I was able to leave early. Ken said, "I hope you aren't getting too used to these early days!" I said, "I think I already am!"

I was talking to Jillian about it today (she's worked the past three days, too), and I told Ken what I told her: there's something about working on Christmas that seems to get to me psychologically. I leave for work at 6:15 AM, and there are very few cars on the road at that time--on Christmas morning, it seems like a ghost town. Almost everyone is with their families, and it makes me sad to work on stuff from people who are in the hospital--I wish they could be with their families. I knew that Ken was here at home, and I wished I could be here with him and Sheeba. It all conspired to make me feel like I just had to get out of there as soon as possible! I have plenty of vacation time, so it was no big deal to take a few hours this week. Now I'm actually ON vacation, so it will give me time to recuperate.

Surprisingly warm again today--our thermometer reads 46°. It doesn't sound like we're supposed to get much snow in the next few days, either. It's certainly been a strange December.

No comments: