Monday, December 3, 2007

Odds and Ends

First of all, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the inventor of anti-lock brakes. I wasn't in danger, but there were some very slick spots on the drive to work this morning. Once I got to the main roads, I was fine, but our rural roads were a little dicey at times. It's the oddest feeling when the ABS kicks in, isn't it?

Barack Obama is on the cover of this week's issue of Time. I'm looking forward to reading it when Ken is done. The latest is that Obama and Huckabee are leading in Iowa. Should be interesting. I wonder if they'll put Huckabee on the cover soon? He's certainly generating some buzz. Hey...get it? HuckaBEE? Buzz? <snort>

A day off tomorrow--yay! I haven't made my list yet (have I mentioned how I love to make lists?), so I'll do that tonight. I don't think I have a whole lot I need to do, so maybe I can get a little more into the latest book in our book club, The Ginger Man by J.P. Donleavy. I just started it today, and I haven't made up my mind about it yet. It looks like Sebastian, the main character, is a drunk and a womanizer.

Just a couple of days ago, I wrote about Alissa's chickens, and how much her son loves them. (There's also a link to an earlier entry that talks about their names, etc.) She sent me a picture of Jake and Sweet Cheeks.

Is that cute, or what? I wonder if he picked the dandelion for Sweet Cheeks?

Finally,

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Glitter Graphics

No comments: