Sunday, December 9, 2007

A video to go with the picture

After posting the giant bunny picture below, and the lyrics to "White Rabbit," it made me want to find a video of the song. I thought of the song because a few nights ago, it was the closing music for the episode of "The Sopranos" that we watched, and it reminded me of what a powerful song it is. I think it's one of the best songs to come out of the sixties. I love the way it starts, slow and sinister, first just the bass, then the drums come in, then the guitar hook...it builds as it goes along, and by the end, Grace Slick is just belting it out. Her voice is probably the best part of the song. Gracie could bring it, no doubt about it. Yeah, I know it "glorifies" the drug culture and supposedly advocates hallucinogenic drug usage. Whatever. It's rock and roll. Enjoy.

No comments: