Thursday, May 22, 2008

Summer soon?

 

First off, a big Happy Birthday to my big sis, Diana! Actually, since I'm the baby, I have 2 big sisters, but Di is Big Sis to both me and Susie.

For those of you wondering at Bates Motel as my picture choice, all I can say is...you don't know Di! This is the gal who actually owns a fog machine, and always breaks it out for Halloween. She's a lot of fun at parties! Love you lots, Di.

A beautiful sunny day here, and while it's still not as warm as I'd like it to be, it makes for a pretty day. I ran some errands this morning, including a stop at the grocery store. I wish I'd eaten something before I went, because I got into cookout mode. Brats, potato salad, I'll make some baked beans, and I got cucumbers to make marinated cucumbers and onions. Yummy! I thought about getting some sweet corn, but it isn't ready here, so I don't know where this came from. I'll wait and get locally grown later this summer. I think we'll do our cookout on Sunday, if Ken is willing, because that's supposed to be a pretty nice day. Maybe we can put the new grill together on Saturday and give 'er a spin.

I love it when we have cookouts, even though it's usually just us. Sitting out on the deck and smelling the stuff grilling, walking around barefoot, enjoying the view, listening to the birds...don't you just love summertime?

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

May need your help with the grill, but I am game :o)

Anonymous said...

I want to come over too !!! We can watch the birds and eat !
Sounds great .
Be well,
Ellen
PS Happy Birthday to your Sis.

Anonymous said...

If summertime ever gets here, yes, i will love it. I hope your sis had a good bday!
hugs!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANA!!!I am patiently waiting for summer to arrive. It is still cold here on the mountains of Pa. You made me hungry for picnic food. lol I guess it will be barbecue time here soon. I cant wait!!! ...love, Christine

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday to Diana! I love cookouts, I can't wait till Doc is done with his Teachers Aid job for the summer so we can have more of them. (Hugs) Indigo