Sunday, March 2, 2008

A chat with my Mom

Mom just called to see how our dinner was last night. She was happy that we enjoyed it so much, but was shocked to hear what our bill was! I said, "It was really good...but had better've been!" She said, "Boy, that's right!"

She was telling me about reading the ads from today's paper, and in the Menard's ad, there was a faucet by Moen called the "Lexie." That happens to be my Mom's name, and she was so tickled by that that she cut out the ad to show people. My Dad's comment? "At least it wasn't a toilet." He went on to say, "There's probably a toilet called the Ezra." (That would be my Dad's name.)

<snicker> Mom and I had a good laugh about the whole thing, and believe me, I'm so happy to know that no matter how old we get (Mom is 79 and Dad is 84), we can still get a chuckle out of 5th-grade humor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE their names, how cool! My friend Sharon's now deceased parents were Elmo and Hazel and for some reason those names tickle me to no end and a few of us at work call eldery customers "Elmo and Hazel". She just smiles and keeps on working.
Your dad has a great sense of humor!
HUGS, lisa