Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday night and feelin' all right!

When I left work, the sun was shining, and it was in the mid-50's. I was a happy girl as I walked out to my car. When I got up to Slick in the parking lot, I threw my coat in the back seat, and rolled down the window.

On colder, quieter days, I tend to listen to NPR on the way home. Not tonight, my friends. I played The Godfathers, and I cranked it. Nothin' says Spring like singing along to "Birth School Work Death" as you cruise your way into the weekend! I have to be careful, though...something about warm weather, loud music, and a Mustang makes me want to go FAST. I tend to have a leadfoot when I'm in that state of mind, but I kept my cool, at least for tonight.

The spring-like weather won't last for long--colder temps this weekend--but the first little tickle is enough to know that we're very close. And when I checked on our crocuses, I spied a few shoots coming up through the leaves. No blooms yet, but it's only a matter of days!

Enjoy your weekends--I know we'll enjoy ours!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Feeling all right" is oart of lyrics to a song that I can't remember due to my late arrival this a.m. - but it stirred a memory.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Like a marsupial...:o)

Anonymous said...

ah, that first wild ride of Spring....i always like to crank some Skynard myself....nothing like Free Bird to get that peddle to the meddle. lol
hugs ,lisa