Sunday, March 16, 2008

Well, dog my cat!

A few moments ago, Ken uttered the phrase "cry like a baby," and I had one of those instant flashbacks, where I heard the chorus to that song. I could hear it in my head, "I cry like a baby (like a little bitty baby)." I had the 45! I looked for it on YouTube, and found it, and as God is my witness, for all these years, I thought it was a black group that did this song. I'll forgive myself for this egregious lapse in musical knowledge, though, because this was WAY before MTV! Enjoy--this is still a great song!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dated a boy in 7th and 8th grade who looked like that lead singer. I had NEVER heard of that song till just now. lol

hugs, lisa

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, i knew that was the box tops!  i hate it when i have one of those musical knowledge lapses, too.  thank god we don't have them too often!

here's a flashback musical moment i had at work today:  "venus" by shocking blue.  remember that one?  that's a great song.

i thought for sure an entry entitled "dog my cat" was going to be about how my stepdad used to say that phrase a lot.  another favorite of mine that he used to say was "well, cut off my legs and call me shorty!"

cousin shane