Special Management Meal (AKA Nutraloaf)
Yield - Three Loaves
• 6 slices whole wheat bread, finely chopped
• 4 ounces imitation cheddar cheese, finely grated
• 4 ounces raw carrots, finely grated
• 12 ounces spinach, canned, drained
• 2 cups dried Great Northern Beans, soaked,
cooked and drained
• 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 6 ounces potato flakes, dehydrated
• 6 ounces tomato paste
• 8 ounces powdered skim milk
• 4 ounces raisins
Shape into two meatloaf shaped loaves on cookie sheets or other large flat pans covered with foil. Bake two hours at 325 degrees or until done. Enjoy!
You know what really gets me about that? The raisins. All the other stuff together sounds disgusting, but throw in some raisins? That's one nasty combo. Blecchhh. I'm with Yasmin--I'm glad I'm not in prison, so I don't have to eat it! In fact, that could be one heckuva deterrent. Start doing "Prison Friday" lunches in school cafeterias (no meat in the recipe, so it's okay for Catholics) and say, "If you don't want to eat this when you grow up, stay out of prison!" I think we're on to something here!