Sunday, September 14, 2008

A conversation with my husband

 
After "60 Minutes," we turned on CNN. At 9 pm, there was a biography of Sarah Palin.
 
Me: I'll read the Time article, but I don't think I can watch this. Do you agree?
 
Ken: Yeah. Do you want to watch the Alaska Alien?
 
Me: Huh? Oh, I didn't know the last Alien movie takes place in Alaska! [We've been watching all of the Alien movies over the past couple of weeks.]
 
Ken: Huh? [laughs] No! Do you want to watch the LAST Alien movie, not the ALASKA Alien movie!"
 
Me: Oh! I guess I was thinking of someone else!
 
[laughter, followed by a terrorist fist bump]

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent picture choice, and use of terrorist fist bump.

Read the NY Times piece from Sunday's paper for another good look at the Alaska alien.

Anonymous said...

I just caught some of the film the other night and remembered how well it was made. I also remeber an Exorxist comment from the Alien entry from before, and reminded me of a short story. I remember my parents watching it when I was very little, and they told us to go to bed. Naturally, my brother and I snuck out to see what was on. Boy, let me tell you I let out a scream so loud it could have broke the windows. My brother and I did get mildly punished, but they knew I would no longer sneak out to see what the grown ups were watching. After that I never did, and it haunted me for years. It dosn't bother me as much now, but I don't feel the need to rent it from the video store either.

Thanks

Wes

Anonymous said...

ROFL.....Love  Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

lmao!!

just remember: she is NOT like the rest..she is an OUTSIDER.

BALONEY!!
XO

Anonymous said...

That sounds about as funny as when my B/F put on my skort by accident last night!  I almost wet my pants laughing at him!  Linda

Anonymous said...

ROFL.  I think you have Aliens (of all types) on your mind.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

LOL


Hollie

Anonymous said...

Besides, the "Alaska Alien" might give monsters a bad name :o)