Monday, September 8, 2008

Find your grail....

Here it is, not even noon yet, and we've already run our errands and we're back home! First we dropped off Blue for an oil change--and wonder of wonders, they didn't find more things to do on it!--then headed downtown to stand in line a few minutes for tickets to....
 
Yes! SPAMALOT!
 
I know it's been out for a while, and we checked into getting tickets for one of the early performances in Chicago with the original Broadway cast. You could only go through ticket brokers, and the tickets were $300 and up. I was dying to see it, but it could wait! It's coming here in January (not the original cast, but that's okay), and tickets went on sale at the box office at 10 AM, and they'll be online at noon.
 
I'm glad we went up rather than waiting, because we got pretty good seats: center stage, about 17 or so rows back. All the closer rows go to those with season tickets, so that was kind of a bummer, but they're still good seats.
 
After we got our tickets, we went across the street to the booth a local radio station had set up: Spamapalooza. We got our set of coconuts for making galloping sounds, and we both played "Pin the limb on the Black Knight" and we each got a button. Mine says, "Run away!" and Ken's says (of course), "I fart in your general direction!" Hee heee! I think I saw ones that said, "Ni! Ni! Ni!" and I wish I could have gotten one of those, but "Run away!" is good, too.
 
For anyone who has never seen "Monty Python and the Holy Grail," this is making absolutely no sense whatsoever. Please indulge me and my fellow Monty Python lovers as we laugh about the Knights Who Say Ni, shrubbery, and Killer Rabbits, and say, "It's just a flesh wound."
 
I'm in the mood to watch that movie now. Let's watch a bit, shall we?


 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!you are sooo lucky
hugs,nat

Anonymous said...

LOL !!!!  Oh I love Spamalot!  Actually anything Monty Python. My ex husband & I used to watch M.P. on TV back in the 1970's and laugh until we were sick. The kids were young and of course didn't get it.  That made it even fuinnier.  I'm jealous~Linda in Washington state  

Anonymous said...

I saw Spamalot in New York last summer. It was soooo funny! LOVED IT!
Laura

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed Spamalot more than I thought I would. I saw it in NY & while it was expensive, all of them are. It was well worth it. I prefer your Run away button to Ken's :-).

I wake up very early, so I get a lot done by noon also, but anything I do before 7, the cats look at me funny. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Paul can do a dead on impression of the spokesperson for the Knights that say Ni!.. this is a favorite request from the kids.  :)  Estela

Anonymous said...

I don't understand at all...I'm sure hubby will though....  I'll mention it to him when he comes home.  LOL  He's been hunting the Army of Darkness, & the others?????  everywhere.  He hasn't been able to find them.  After you mentioned them the other day ~ he wants to see them....LOL

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Should be a hoot :o)

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to see Spamalot!  Yes, I see some Monty Python watching in my immediate future!!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Miss GInger LOVES Spamalot!!!! Her favorite song is "The Song That Goes Like This"!  A drag staple!!!!

Anonymous said...

A good friend of mine has seen this. I have a feeling you are going to fit right in. XO