Monday, September 15, 2008

Forgot to read the memo?

 
 

"We have no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with the 11 September attacks."

 

                                                ~~George W. Bush, Sept. 18, 2003

 

 
On September 11, Sarah Palin addressed her son's Army unit, which is being deployed to Iraq. From The New York Times:
 
"You'll be there to defend the innocent from the enemies who planned and carried out and rejoiced in the death of thousands of Americans," she told the soldiers. "America can never go back to that false sense of security that came before September 11, 2001."
 
Ummm, hadn't she heard about the truth of the situation? Heck, Pres. Bush said that back in 2003, so the information has been out there for a while! The guy was certainly a despotic dictator, but he wasn't reponsible for the WTC attacks. I thought it was common knowledge, but I even read some stuff over the weekend that seemed to attribute the attacks to Saddam.
 
It seems to me that if you don't know about this, you've been living in a cave down the street from Osama bin Laden.
 
On a happy note, congratulations to George Takei (who played Lieutenant Sulu in "Star Trek"), who over the weekend married his partner of 21 years. May they live long and prosper!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sit here shaking my head...I have to agree with you, I thought everyone knew that by now.  Ooops, maybe the news is a little slower in Alaska.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

...she is the most unprepared Veep I have been aware of ... and it makes me shudder to think that she will be occupying valuable space when there are discussions of national interest ...

... she may have dug her own hole ... because she is giving 'hockey moms' a bad name ...

Anonymous said...

It is the same over here Beth, Saddam Hussein and all Muslims, or Iraqui's have been painted with the same brush. People just do not seem to be able to cope with the TRUTH....yes he was a real terrible man in his own country and needed to be deposed but has it been worth all the 100s even 1000s of people who have died sinse 9/11  I find it so so sad.  where is the love one another ? leave the judgement to the good Lord who will in his own time judge us all.... Love for now  Sybil xxx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

Sarah who?

Anonymous said...

Nope, not gonna comment.  I value you're friendship to much to leave a politcal comment since I'm all for Palin! LOL
Hope you're having a good day!
Missie

Anonymous said...

I heard about their wedding on NPR this morning.  They had a little something for everyone, and did sign their wedding favor gift for their guests included a card that said live long and prosper.

Anonymous said...

I cannot say if I'm for or against Palin at this time.  However, the soldiers are fighting the Taliban and other terrorist organizations right now in other counties besides Iraq.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I love it when you bash the MILF of the Year. She shoulda read her notes before opening her mouth. XO

Anonymous said...

I learned about your blog via an email from a mutual friend who blogs here:

http://sheriareid.wordpress.com/

Sounds like we have a lot in common: politics, gardening and even microbiology.

I look forward to following along.

www.selfsufficientsteward.com

Anonymous said...

Have you also heard that she didn't know what the Bush Doctrine was and tried to BS her way through an interview with Charlie Gibson on said Doctrine?  One of the most important documents about 9/11 and this woman doesn't even know what it is.  She thought the doctrine was Bush's world view.  Are you effing kidding me?  I absolutely cannot understand how even Republicans can back this woman.  And yet, some of the idiots my husband works with won't vote for Obama because he believes in full term abortion.  Uhm, maybe they should do a little research on what exactly that entails.  I think you should have to take some kind of intelligence quiz BEFORE you are allowed to vote because it's becoming more and more obvious to me that most of this nation is full of idiots who have no idea what fact from fiction is and believe every ad that's on tv.  ARGH.  I hate election years.
Jamie