Monday, September 22, 2008

Verrry scaaaaary!

Ken should be home in about an hour, and we'll head out to see Monsieur Rove. I hope the dinner is decent--I'm hungry! I'm all ready to go, just need to put my pants on. It's only the polite thing to do--I wasn't raised in a barn, you know! <grin>
 
Heavens to Murgatroid, it's been a quiet day, both at Nutwood and in J-Land. TOO quiet. I think you're all up to something! In fact, our friend Pat over at Rose's Rambling was up to some hijinx this morning, when she wrote a poem for me and gave me a new nickname: Hi, I'm "Spooky," nice to meet you all! Ha ha! Based on my love of horror movies (Pat, you should meet my oldest sister--I think she's more of a nut than I am!), she wrote a clever poem called "Boxes" and came up with my new nickname. Of course, I kind of like it, and I know she knew I would! Of course, I thought of the Santana song "Spooky." Can you believe I couldn't find it on YouTube--just cover versions? No video for you today, just lyrics!
 
Spooky
 

In the cool of the evening
when ev'rything is gettin' kind of groovy,
I call you up and ask you if you want to go
and meet and see a movie.

First you say no, you've got some plans for the night,
And then you stop, and say, "All right."
Love is kinda crazy with a spooky little girl like you.

You always keep me guessin', I never seem to know
what you are thinkin'.
And if a fella looks at you, it's for sure
your little eye will be a-winkin'.

I get confused, 'cause I don't know where I stand,
And then you smile, and hold my hand.

Love is kinda crazy
with a spooky little girl like you. Spooky!

If you decide someday to stop this little game
that you are playin',

I'm gonna tell you all what my heart's been a-dyin' to be sayin'.
Just like a ghost,
you've been a-hauntin' my dreams,
So I'll propose... on Halloween.


Love is kinda crazy
with a spooky little girl like you. Spooky!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

... you know, you could go pant less ... it is always no shirt, no shoes  in regards to service ..!

... maybe you should try some DJ Spooky ... he is pretty cool ... enjoy you dinner

Anonymous said...

I hope you both enjoy your dinner!  I can't wait to hear about it!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Hey Spooky,

I didn't even know Santana DID this one, the only Spooky I ever heard was by Dennis Yost..... darn, and my flashplayer isn't working right now.  I LOVE SANTANA!!!!!!!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

"Heavens to Murgatroid"????!!!!  Haven't heard THAT is ages!!!  LOL!!!

Joannh

Anonymous said...

hey beth....

i didn't know santana did a version of "spooky."  i think the one that is the most popular was done by the classics IV.

that's a great song, no matter who did it!

shane

Anonymous said...

That is a great song...Spooky, sounds good to me.  I hope the dinner goes well and you remembered to put your pants on.  I've been known to walk out without pants on so it can happen ;)    
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Is that just a polite way of saying you scare the hell out of her?
I mean I havn't been reading your journals very long, and I'm afraid if I stop commenting you will sick some evil mice on me or something! Ha Ha!
Now to be a little more serious, that is a good song. I own most of his albums, and that is one of my favorites. I wish I would have read this entry a little earlier. Because a earlier this evening I took a nap, and woke up and needed some things from the store. I noticed people were staring at me, it's a long story. So let me just say the cop didn't have to frisk me to see if I was conceiling anything. I think I learned a valuble lesson, never forget to put some pants on!  Just kidding!

Thanks,

Wes

Anonymous said...

I hope you two enjoyed your dinner out. That is a cool song!! XO