Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It just might be crazy enough to work....

Before I forget, Ken wanted me to tell you all that although he's been trying to be fairly consistent with regular entries, he was out of commission last night. The IT guys at work hadn't gotten to his computer yesterday by the time he left, so he didn't have his laptop. (It looks like they might have to wipe his hard drive because of that stupid virus. People who make computer viruses are lowlife, dirty dogs who need to get a life. Just my opinion.) He used this one to check his email, but he didn't get to an entry last night. He'll be back!
 
I had a hard time going back to sleep after Ken left this morning, but Sheeba curled up by me, and that's so relaxing to me. Nothing like a purring cat to make you sleepy. I like that mode much better than the one where he runs around yowling like a crazy man because of something he's seen outside. That persona isn't conducive to sleeping!
 
I've been known to have some weird dreams on occasion. I had one last night that wasn't all that weird, but it gave me a great idea!
 
My entire family was at a funeral. I don't know who died, but we'd gotten past the sad part and were into the eating, talking, and having fun part. (I don't know how other families do it, but it seems that eating and talking lead to laughter, and it helps us with the grieving process.)
 
We were passing around a tin of mixed nuts that I'd brought, and I can't remember what the tin looked like, but someone commented that it was neat. I said, "Isn't that cute? I found it online at a place called Bereave it or Nut."
 
I'm not looking to start up a small business, so if anyone would like to do so, feel free  to use that name. You could specialize in nuts for funerals, wakes, and memorial services. I suppose it's a sort of narrow niche (like the Scotch Boutique on Saturday Night Live, which sells only Scotch tape), but hey, it could work. I've started you off with a great name, so it's up to you to make it work! Good luck!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, that is an excellent name for a business...we do the same thing around here after a funeral so you may be onto something.  I love to hear my cats purring or my dogs steady breathing when I am going to sleep.  All is right with the world at that moment.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Bereave It or Nut?  Okay, no more eating 2 plates of lasagna at 3 AM for you.  LOL

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Now that Gabi has decided she only sleep next to my pillow at night, I find that I relax faster listening to her gently purring sounds. But in the morning, she walks back & forth across my head & pillow and that can start whenever she wakes up for the day...4:40am to 7:30am.  That part is not cute or soothing!  Linda in WA  

Anonymous said...

Beth you are a one !!  Mary and I nearly choked on the sweet we were eating hwne I read her your latest edition.   When I read of the Scotch Boutique I thought that they were selling kilts and the like !! ..Love from the SUNNY village of Box in South West England !  Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

After almost 18 years my sweet old lady kitty passed away 2 months ago.  I miss her cuddling and purring.  Pets are so great, but it is not fun parting with them.
Enjoy your early morning cuddles.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

I am not a big cat person but I love when my cat raskals lays with me and purrs. He starts that kneading thing and it hurts a bit but I know he does it because he loves me... hugs, Christine

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about sleeping so good with the purring sound.  Sorry about your Hubby's computer!  I hope he's up & running soon.  Cute name for the nuts....LOL

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I would give my left nut (not really) to make that business idea work :o)

Anonymous said...

I agree!  People who send viruses are lowlife!  Have a good night.
Missie

Anonymous said...

LOL at Bucko's comment!!!  

Funny how you can get really great ideas in your dreams, I always get great ideas in my dreams, but when I wake up I NEVER remember them... I've even tried writing them down... they make NO SENSE to me in the morning.... LOL!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Umm for those of us, that find some solace in laughter despite the loss, it might work...For families like my ex's who do the black Sunday Italian thing, not a chance. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

... I do think that it does exist in a small niche ... one that is prolly closer to the mainstream than you'd think ... I know in my family, we are celebrate and laugh at times like this ... wonder if anyone would get the wordplay ..!

Anonymous said...

Dear Lord. You think up the craziest things even while dreaming!! LOL
You are so funny.
XO

Anonymous said...

Wow! Tell Ken we wish him teh best of luck getting rid of that terrible virus!
hugggggggggggggggggs
natalie