Sunday, September 7, 2008

Feelin' Beachy

I had some constructive criticism from Ken on my previous entry about the dunes. He said, "You didn't put up the picture of the beach grass." I said, "Yeah, I was trying to kind of limit how many pictures I put up on that entry." He said, "But it doesn't give an idea of how much sand there is there, even away from the beach."
 
A legitimate and valid point. One of the cool things about the dunes is seeing all these trees thriving in sand. They survive when the winds blow the sand away from their roots, and they survive when the winds pile the sand deep around their roots. Those are some tough trees! I admire their adaptive abilities.
 
So here's a picture of the sand and the beach grass. In the background, you can get a glimpse of a hardwood tree, so you can see how many different types of vegetation are there.
 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Ken I said THANKS.... this was worth a new entry.  Nice Pic!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

It's a great picture.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Creative Suggestion, not criticism, you make me sound like a tyrant :o)

Where is my 9-Iron by the way <LOL>

Anonymous said...

Good call! It is a great picture to show its glory.

Thanks

Wes

Anonymous said...

I do love the BEACH. And I also have lots of 'On the BEACH' days.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

Nature is truly amazing, talk about blooming where you are planted.  I would love to live near dunes.  Love the pic.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Dear Beth,
hug! beautiful entry!
please see if my comments now are more to your liking
nat

Anonymous said...

That's weird & very interesting.  

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I feel like I need a shower, just looking at the picture!  
Lori

Anonymous said...

Those look to be "sea oats" They're a hardy lot and good for stopping bech erosion.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

makes me want to go to a beach right now! Pretty pic

Anonymous said...

very pretty
hugggggggggggggggs
nat