Friday, January 11, 2008

Babypalooza

We just got back from my sister's, where we had a little get together to meet a couple of new family members. My niece, her husband, and their 9-month old son, Liam, are visiting from San Diego. Liam is one of the happiest babies I've ever seen, and smiles at everyone. What a doll! It's always great to see Heather and Rey, too!

My nephew Steve and his wife Chere and their 4-day (that's right--he's not even a week old) old son, Hunter, also came by. Hunter is not quite 6 pounds, and he seemed so tiny compared to Liam! Hunter is a cute little peanut, and he fell asleep on my Mom's lap while we all stared at him. Ha ha!

Steve has to go back to Camp Pendleton on Sunday. We don't know when he'll ship out, but we're all happy he was able to be here for the birth of his first child. You can tell he's very proud and happy to be a father, and he's always been good with kids. I'm not sure when he'll end up deploying, but I'll just hope and pray that he comes home safe and sound. Perhaps having Hunter will give him even more reason to stay safe...although I'm not sure what the word "safe" means in Iraq.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love new babies.  Sounds like a great day.  I hope and pray that Steve stays safe and comes home save and sane.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Traci. Your thoughts and prayers mean a lot, and when Steve ships out, every prayer will help him, and I really believe that!

:) Beth