Thursday, January 17, 2008

Say it with me....

One more day! One more day!

I am SO ready for the weekend. Today started out a little bit bad--Sarah got called for jury duty, and I was the only other person there who could do the bench for which she was scheduled. Once I got into screening the cultures, it wasn't so bad, and then Alissa came in and took over Sarah's bench. It all worked out okay! Just another bit of proof that worrying gets you nowhere, and things will usually work out all right. No need to fret!

The Italian Chicken is in the oven and smells great. I'm hungry.

We're looking forward to our weekend, but Ken will be flying to Dallas on Sunday, and will come back Wednesday. Let's hope we don't get a big snow while he's gone, because I can't wrangle that snowblower, that's for sure. While he's gone, I'll do my usual Ken-is-on-a-business-trip dinner: Eggplant Parmigiana. He's a good sport, but he's just not an eggplant fan, and I don't force it on him. It's my favorite dinner, so I make it for myself when he's gone. It works out quite nicely!

Sounds like it could be a very cold and crummy weekend--the winds are already howling. I'm looking forward to the football games this weekend, and I think I'll be pulling for the Packers, although I wouldn't mind if Eli wins. I think most people west of Massachusetts are pulling for anyone to beat the Patriots. Probably not going to happen, but whatever. Every team has its fans, and it's part of what makes football so much fun.

More tomorrow!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now there is something I haven't had in awhile Eggplant Parmigiana. Tell Ken I said have a safe flight. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Yes there are things that I make without Lou around.  He used to not like Chinese at all.  Now I can get him to eat it with me.  I do like a good Eggplant Parm!
Traci