Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Primary colors

I've been watching CNN all day, and it's been fascinating. The big stories for me:

1. Barack Obama and the amount of media buzz he's getting. He's certainly the media darling at the moment, and I'm sure there will be greater scrutiny upon him in the coming months. I really like his message of inclusiveness, and it seems that a lot of other people like it, too. Obama is also not afraid to tell it how it is, even at the expense of losing endorsements.

2. Huge turnouts at the New Hampshire polls. The American people are engaged and ready to move forward. Are you?

3. McCain's resurgence. I'm happy to see him coming back, and I've always liked Senator McCain. The big question: if he were the Republican nominee, could he beat the Democratic nominee?

4. Bill Clinton gets all up in Obama's grill. Obama handles it with grace. I think this will backfire on the Clintons. One analyst on CNN said something to the effect of how Clinton (the male one) needs to act presidential or get off the stage.

This is some fun stuff, man!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been enjoying it too.  We don't have cable and I finally got to see a debate last Saturday night.  I really like McCain.  I'd be ok with Obama but I'm not much of a democrat.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Hey Traci! It's exciting stuff, isn't it? We're also Republicans, but more fiscally than socially. I really haven't decided yet who I'll vote for--some of it might depend on the alternative. (I like McCain, too.)

Beth