Sunday, January 6, 2008

Oh, that wascally weathuh!

I took this picture on New Year's Day, after a heavy snowfall. We ended up getting a few more inches, so we were pretty well socked in with snow for a few days, as recently as Thursday.

Three days after that, and some 50 degrees, here's almost the same shot today:

Amazing. When I drove to work this morning, it was very foggy (due to the warm air on the snow), with less than a quarter mile visibility. It was foggy tonight, too, when I drove home. It's supposed to get close to 60° tomorrow, and they're forecasting an actual thunderstorm! I told 'em at work today that I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for a tornado. It's just crazy.

I'm happy to have the next two days off, and I should be able to completely shake off this cold. I felt a lot better today (I got lots of sleep last night), and I feel like I'm beating it. This is a new experience for me. In the past, a head cold has always gone into my chest and given me bronchitis, and that would usually last for a month. I think this is the first cold I've had since I quit smoking over a year and a half ago, and I really cannot believe the difference it makes. My healthy (well...healthiER) little lungs are not laboring like they used to, and I can almost hear them calling out, "Thank you for not smoking!" Seriously, this is great. I can't believe the difference.

 

 

No comments: