Saturday, January 12, 2008

Out, damned spot! Out, I say!

Life is too short to deal with the mediocre, the disturbed, and the unpleasant.

I'm enjoying being a part of J-Land, and having a blog out there for friends and family to read. In a little over a year of writing my journal, I've encountered some fun people and great writers, and I look forward to finding even more kindred souls. However, Ken and I have had a talk tonight and agree that there's a limit to how much nuttiness we can take. We've chosen to stop reading one journal in particular that is just over-the-top. I have to say, we both feel liberated.

I'm not leaving here, if that's what it sounds like. Nope, I'll be writing as much as ever, but this is just to serve notice that only the best tasting tuna gets to be StarKist. (Thanks to Toby Keith.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've come across some nutty ones from time to time......Sometimes you have to throw in the towel on them and say never again....As long as it's not me, I'm with you (winks) Nah, I'm not nuts....just missing a few marbles here and there. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Right you are, Indigo. Why bother when the writing neither makes you laugh nor makes you think? Nothing wrong with missing a few marbles--that's part of what makes life fun--but missing the whole bag o' marbles is a different story. Thanks for your comment. It made me laugh, by the way!

:) Beth

Anonymous said...

Dearheart: sometimes those are the the choices we have to make. Sometimes agreeing to disagree doesn't work and one has to let go. You did the thing-whoever it is, for yourself and for your family.
Laini