Saturday, January 19, 2008

See the Big Picture

This past week, I wrote about old, glamorous Las Vegas. I got some of those pictures from the wonderful archives at UNLV. Here's another good one of Dean Martin at the Sands, in a large format. If you look closely, you'll see Jack Entratter (owner of the Sands, and Vegas mogul) and Jack Benny in the front row, with his hands over his face. Look a little closer, and you'll see Lucille Ball (I really do love Lucy) and Desi Arnaz in the second row. It would have been so fun to sit next to Lucy for one of those shows! Although Desi probably would have hit on me...sorry, Desi, I would never betray Bucko or my BFF Lucy that way. Hee heee!

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome......
I always loved ol Dino's music

Anonymous said...

Me too, Hadon. He's smoooooth.

Beth

Anonymous said...

Those were the days.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think there was a sort of "romance" there, Traci, that we don't really have anymore.

:( Beth

Anonymous said...

do you watch Regis and Kelly? Regis LOVES Dean Martin. My dad always did too...i love the roasts they used to have on TV so many yrs ago. I found you thru the AOL Blogs page, nice to meet you. I have you bookmarked so i get your alerts. Your journal is so interesting!
take care,
lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for visiting and for commenting! YES, I've watched Regis and Kelly, and it seems that Regis is an actual member of the Dean Martin fan club! I loved the Dean Martin Roasts, too, and I've thought about getting some of them on DVD.

I'm glad you stopped by--I will check out your journal ASAP!

Beth

Anonymous said...

I tried finding your journal, Lisa, and had no success. Thanks for visiting and commenting!

Beth