Monday, January 7, 2008

Balmy Junction

This is unbelievable. It's reading 62.9° here at Nutwood! I ran some errands this morning, and I wore a sweatshirt, with a jacket, of course. I mean, it's January in northern Indiana, right? I had to take my jacket off because I got too warm! We set a record high yesterday, and I'm sure we will today, too.

When I got home, there were a bunch of turkeys in the yard. I started counting, but I lost count because they were milling around so much, but there were at least 40. Glad to see they're banding together and still hanging out at our place.

With all the melted snow, I'm sure the wildlife are happy. There is plenty to find when the snow isn't covering the ground, and our back pond is extremely full, so there's plenty of water for them, too.

This was a news story online this morning:

MANCHESTER, N.H. (Jan. 6) - Two days before New Hampshire's Democratic primary, Sen. Barack Obama has opened a double-digit lead over Sen. Hillary Clinton in that state, a new CNN-WMUR poll found Sunday.

Obama, the first-term senator from Illinois who won last week's Iowa caucuses, led the New York senator and former first lady 39 percent to 29 percent in a poll conducted Saturday and Sunday -- a sharp change from a poll out Saturday that showed the Democratic front-runners tied at 33 percent. "The Iowa caucus results have convinced growing numbers of Granite State voters that Obama can really go all the way," CNN Polling Director Keating Holland said. "In December, 45 percent thought Clinton had the best chance of beating the GOP nominee. But in Saturday's poll, Clinton and Obama were tied on that measure, and now Obama has a 42 percent to 31 percent edge over Clinton on electability."

And CNN Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider said the poll "strongly suggests an Obama surge in New Hampshire."

This is getting fun!

I scored big at Target today. Besides the usual stock-up stuff, I got three cute little tank tops for this summer, and a long-sleeved T-shirt for layering this winter--each of them under $2! I really don't mind being a shrimp. I may have to hem almost every pair of pants I buy, but I can also shop in the kids' section. <grin>

No comments: