Sunday, January 27, 2008

There's no such thing as a bad nap

That's always Ken's answer when he wakes up from a nap and I ask if it was a good one. And you know what? He's right! I think I can truthfully say that I have never had a bad nap. I slept for a couple of hours tonight before dinner, and it felt great. I don't take naps often--usually just when I'm not feeling well--and I rarely sleep deeply when I do. Not so tonight--I was out like a light. And no Heavy Thing Nightmare! ;)

Ken made a great dinner--he bought some nice thick pork chops and broiled them. He's always willing to cook when I work the weekend, and I appreciate it more than he knows. We watched a Sopranos episode, and now we're watching a martial arts movie called "The Protector," a Thai movie originally released as "Tom-Yum-Goong." I've never heard of Tony Jaa before, but he's quite the fighter, and we've got some excellent kung fu goin' on here. Okay, it's over, and wow, I have to say this was quite a good movie. The fight sequences were some of the best I've seen. The arm-breaking scene alone was worth the price of the DVD, and everyone loves elephants, right? It was also very visually striking. If you like martial arts movies, I give this a definite thumbs-up.

I hope everyone had a good weekend, and I'm sure you're all rarin' to head back to work! Just remember, as one of our favorites, comedian Greg Hahn, likes to say, "Monday starts the weekend!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth, lol there are no bad naps, hehe , you are right, my kitty would agree with you too, glad you are feeling better, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I took a 30 minute nap today and now I can't sleep ugh oh well I bet I sleep good tonight
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

glad you got that nap in...i hope you have a good week and yeah for Ken for cooking so you don't have to.

lisa

Anonymous said...

Sherry, that's why I rarely take naps--it really messes me up and I have a hard time sleeping at night. All that changes when I'm feeling sick, and I want to get as much sleep as possible. Hope you were able to sleep well last night!

:) Beth

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about naps messing me up...For some reason I can never fully relax enough to get a deep enough sleep, leaving me waking up with a headache...At the moment I would trade anything just to get a good nights sleep...(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I wish you sweet dreams and peaceful slumber tonight, Indigo.

{{Beth}}