Thursday, January 31, 2008

Well, THAT was fun...not!

Today we had one person call in because of jury duty, and one because of illness. Normally, that's not a problem, and we can suck it up and get things done, but our workload today was just crazy. I worked right through lunch, and ended up with an hour and a half of overtime. Yuck! The extra money is always nice, but all in all, I'd rather be cozy at home. After a quick trip to the store, taking out the garbage, and filling the bird feeders, I finally got to sit down here, check mail, and write a bit. Whew! I feel like my free time has been severely curtailed today! I'm thinking it might be a soup night tonight.

We're due for more nasty weather tonight, maybe 12 inches in some areas by the time it ends tomorrow. I think the enchantment of a winter wonderland has pretty much lost its luster!

Since I was feeling a little cranky when I first got home, I decided to find something that I knew would make me laugh. My "go-to" for that is always "I Love Lucy." I can be in the worst mood, and she'll make me laugh. I found something that had a little twist to it, and it made me laugh even more! I hope it makes you smile, too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love lucy and I have my first good snow on the ground this year and I am already wanting it to melt lol
have a good night
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

It seems that Lucy is funny in any language, Sherry! Hope your snow melts quickly!

Beth

Anonymous said...

The vitameatavegemen (sp?) routine is classic, as is when Lucy and Ethel worked in the chocolate factory.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

What an excellent spanish speaking dub they found. :o)

Anonymous said...

my husbands grandma LOVED Lucy and looked like her too.
they say we will have a few inches of a wintery mix. They can stick their wintery mix. SIGH. I am so tired of the winter, seems that is all i whine about now. I hope you are having a decent night after your kinda bad day at work....the weekend is coming!!!
HUGS, lisa

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww Beth, Lucy can always help a bad day, Hugs Lisa