Monday, January 21, 2008

My hilarious husband

Ken called a little bit ago and we talked about our days. When I told him that I stayed home today because of a stomach bug, what was the first thing out of his mouth?

"It was that eggplant."

Why was I not surprised? Ha ha! I had to tell him that in my brief entry this morning, I even said that I was sure it was NOT the eggplant! We got a chuckle out of that. Well, just to prove it really wasn't the eggplant, I'm eating the rest of it tonight. Boy, I'll really have egg(plant) on my face if I feel sick again tonight!

I might write more later (feeling crummy is not conducive to writing, at least for me), but in the meantime, I'll refer to an entry I made back in December. It was based on something I'd read...the person couldn't articulate anything about policies or experience or something that was, you know, substantive. No, it was all about race, gender, and religion, and it was quite mean-spirited. On the day when we honor the vision, dedication, and world-changing message of Martin Luther King, Jr., it makes me sad to think that we still have such a long way to go. If you don't like someone, whether it's a presidential candidate or the guy next door, is it really necessary to ridicule them for what they are? Isn't that sort of...junior high?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great entry you made.....as with some women here in J land, and with probably the majority of the U.S, people judge first and learn the facts later. Sometimes it is as if they are scared to be open minded or to REALLY think about things and then make a call on it. The color of skin or sex of a person does not make that person. What are their beliefs, how do they live their lives, do they feel compassion and do they have decent morals? Those things should matter most.
I hope you do NOT get sick by eating more eggplant.
lisa

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Lisa, and nicely said.

Beth