Saturday, August 16, 2008

Crouton, how I love ya, how I love ya!

 
In a comment yesterday, my pal LJ wrote this: "Back in the 80's when I smoked pot I LOVED to take a popular song and change the words to it. I cracked myself up."
 
Little did LJ know that Cousin Shane and I have done that for years, although without the cannabis. (I guess that gives you an idea of how weird we can be, that we act high without being high. Ha!) For whatever reason, we'll get on a subject, and start changing songs by inserting a different word. And little did LJ know that Shane and I had already exchanged some emails. Thanks to my silly entry the other night (the night that I never went to bed) concerning croutons, I present to you...
 
The Great Crouton Conversation of 2008
 
Shane started it off with these:
 
"these are a few of my favorite croutons....."
 
"croutons are a many splendored thing...."
 
"the next time you order a salad, don't forget to say....  no croutons, please...." [from the J. Geils Band song "No Anchovies Please"]
 
I continued with these:
 
"Cheer up sleepy Jean...oh what can it mean...to a crouton believer and a homecoming queen"
 
"Sympathy for the Crouton"
 
"Her name is Crouton and she dances on the sand...." [To the tune of Duran Duran's "Rio"]
 
I know I was cracking up, and I bet Shane was cracking up, too! I even thought of a couple more this morning:
 
"...ain't no crouton high enough, ain't no crouton wide enough, to keep me from youuuu..."
 
"...little ditty 'bout Jack and Crouton..."
 
"...little pink croutons for you and me...oo yeah!..." 
 
And in honor of The King, how about this one?
 
"...everybody in the whole cell block was dancin' to the Crouton Rock..."
 
Visiting hours are from 9 AM to 5 PM. I hope y'all will come visit me when they take me away. Ha ha!
 
I don't know how or why Shane and I get onto these running jokes, but we sure have fun with it. Nothing wrong with a little harmless fun, right?
 
How about you guys? Can you come up with a song or two in tribute to croutons? No rules, other than the word  should fit fairly well into the flow of the song. Leave a comment with your suggestions, and I hope you have a laugh along the way!
 
 
 
 

Tags:

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Home, Home, on the Range, where the croutons and antelope play..."  :o)

Anonymous said...

"Jerimiah was a Crouton, was a good friend of mine..."


Anonymous said...

Inagaddadavida Couton...dont you know that I luv Uuuuu!!!
Connie

Anonymous said...

"I never promised you a Crouton garden..."

Anonymous said...

And when did you say visiting hours would be? Sorry no lyrics from me, I know it's a crouton shame isn't it? (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

oh, connie, "in a gadda da vida, crouton," was excellent!

in the 60's theme, how about

"croutons and peppermints, meaningless nouns, tune in, turn on, turn your eyes around."

"she walked up to me and she asked me to dance
i asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she crouton
c-r-o-u  crouton...."

how's that?

Anonymous said...

"The First Time Ever I Saaaaaw Croutons........"

"I Heard It Through The CROUTON!!"

Joann

Anonymous said...

roll out the crouton, let's have a crouton of fun

silver bells, silver bells, it's crouton time in the city

croutons, sage, rosemary and thyme

you ain't nothin but a crouton

I'm on the midnight train to crouton

You make me feel like a ntural crouton

Croutons roasting on an open fire,
croutons nipping at you nose.

Gimme a crouton and a bottle of beer.

For purple crouton majesty
Above the fruited plain


Somewhere over the crouton, way up high.

Sergeantt Pwpper's Lonely Crouton Band


       I could go on, you know?


Anonymous said...

I knew we connected on some wierd level !!! We use to do this too. Me and my sister. Alot of times it started because my sister would get the words to song wrong all the time.
Remember the "Antisipation" song?  Dont remember right now who sings it  but my sister would sing " And here's the patience". Ok, wait, remember  Barbara Striesand's "Misty Water Colored memeories- the way we were"??? My sister would sing "Misty wants a Continental" This was NOT on purpose, she never got the words right, so of course being a loving sister, I ran with this and made fun of her still today !!!!!
Hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

i am very drug free now so i am RUSTY...LOL.
You are REALLY weird, Beth. I LOVE IT.  :)

Smoking in the Boys Room by Motley Crue: revised, lol

Smokin' in the boys room
Smokin' in the boys room
Teacher don't you fill me up with your rule
Everybody knows that croutons ain't allowed in school

Anonymous said...

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on croutons.." LOL

Anonymous said...

Weeeeeeeeee are the crouton's of the world :o)  (Queen's we are the champions of course ;)  They made me laugh x  especially Jack and Crouton lol

Jenny

Lori said...

Thanks for linking me up to this entry. When they come to take you away you could sing "They're crouton to take me away, ha ha, he he, ho ho." (And please don't tell me you don't know what that song is.)