Monday, August 18, 2008

Who wears short skorts?

My oh my, what a quiet day! I mean, it's always quiet around here, but knowing that Ken won't be home tonight makes it seem especially quiet. I don't know if that makes any sense or not! It's also a little overcast, and for some reason, that makes it seem even quieter to me! I don't think that makes much sense. I actually wish we'd get some rain today--we're about two inches below normal, and it's very dusty. Ken was covered after he mowed the lawn yesterday.
 
I turned on the Olympics a few minutes ago and men's team table tennis was on! Germany was playing China, and China got the gold, Germany the silver. It's fun to watch. The spin they get on that ball is amazing. Ken can do a little bit of that and once he gets going, he's tough to beat. I can usually hang in there for a while, and we can get some good volleys going. Now it's men's beach volleyball. The crowd seems to be a lively one--I think it's the Brazilians--and I could swear that they were just singing "Whoomp--there it is! Whoomp-there it is!" Was that a popular song overseas? That's on my "Jock Rock" CD, which has a lot of the songs you hear at games. Maybe sports songs are kind of universal! Will we hear the Chinese crowds singing, "Na na na na hey hey goodbye"!
 
There's a neat thing on MSNBC, but I don't know if it's exclusive to the network, or part of DirecTV. There an interactive menu button, and you can get medal counts, schedules, and today's Olympic trivia. It's pretty cool!
 
I'll start making my Eggplant Parmigiana in a moment. I didn't make it last night, because before I knew it, it was around 10 o'clock! I wasn't going to start frying eggplant then. I can get it all ready to go then just pop it in the oven later.
 
Tomorrow will be my goin'-to-town day. Ha ha! A grocery run preceded by a trip to Kohl's to get a couple of these babies.
 
Do any of you wear skorts, AKA scooters? (I'm assuming that my guy readers will say no, but if you say yes, there's nothing wrong with that! <grin> I'm around Ken most of the time, so if he does, it managed to slip right by me.) I have a few, and I just love these things, even more than shorts. They're still casual, but to me they look a tiny bit more put-together, and they're so comfortable! I don't think they qualify as miniskirt-length--most of mine come to about mid-thigh--although I have some that are shorter. I have a denim one and a tan one that go with just about everything, but I'd like to get a couple more, hopefully a khaki one. And wouldn't I LOVE to find a camouflage one...? I would!
 
They're on sale at Kohl's. I'll try to restrain myself there tomorrow, and just go in and get the skorts, attempting to avoid other things. That can be hard to do at Kohl's (do you have them where you are?) because they have the BEST sales. I have a hard time passing up a $3 shirt or a $7 pair of jeans. I might have to take a swing through the shoe department, though, and see if they've got any cute sandals on sale....
 
ACK! I promise, I'll control myself. I'm definitely not the clothes-hound I used to be, and I don't shop just for the sake of shopping.
 
But who can resist that cute little skort? Not this gal! 
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only wear my skorts when I travel :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my journal. I am far too old to wear shorts and have not got the legs for them.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I love skorts but since gaining the weight, I haven't had a pair on in two years.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Cute scooter!  I don't wear them as my legs just aren't what they used to be, but in years past I wore something like them and yes, I even wore the mini skirt when it was in fashion some years ago.  I wear shorts that usually come to just above the knee and I love capri's.  I also love Kohl's and the sales they have.  I always seem to buy more than I need when I go there.  Thanks for visiting my journal.  I'll put yours on alerts too, so I'll be back.  'On Ya' - ma (from GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE )

Anonymous said...

I like the look of skorts.  They look like a mini-skirt
but provide a little more privacy.  My daughter
wears them but I opt for capris.  Got coupons
for Kohl's sale.  Lets go, girl!    Pat

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I don't even usually wear shorts...I'm primarily a jeans girl no matter the occasion or weather. I think it's because I have to interact with the animals a lot and scratches and bruises on your legs are NOT very becoming. Maybe I just don't like my legs...ummm...I really don't know why I don't own shorts hmmm...

I'm definitely not the clothes-hound. I tend to go for comfort, there are only so many pairs of converse and jeans you can own. Perhaps it's retail therapy with Ken gone? I always know when he's away there are far more entries. Not that I'm complaining, it's just something endearing you do when your missing your man. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth,
Thanks for visiting my journal.  I don't wear shorts (Except at home), but I love capris.  We do have a Kohls about 15 or 20 miles away.  I haven't been there before, but I think I might now.  

Hollie
http://journals.aol.com:80/gen0507/life-in-a-small-town/

Anonymous said...

I used to wear skorts...alot...they are comfy and you can do more things in them than a skirt!  I try not to wear any short stuff anymore, cuz, well, I'm 50...I read in a mag (don't remember which one), that said, "women over 40 should not wear shorts in public".  Pictured were a pair of shorts, that, only if one had a killer body at any age, could be worn.  That just kind of stuck with me.  Have you ever seen women out and about who really should not be wearing what they're wearing??  You're cute and young so for you, go for it!!  I love Kohl's...can't get out of there without a few sale items myself!
xoxo ~Myra