Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Separated at birth?

Tonight we were watching men's beach volleyball, and the US team that is still in it: Todd Rogers and Phil Dalhausser. We've watched them several times, and something was nagging at me. I finally figured it out tonight!
 
Same guy? Nope!
Dalhausser is on the left, and the guy on the right is Peter Garrett, former lead singer of the most excellent Australian band, Midnight Oil. Peter is now quite active in politics in Australia, but in his youth, he would have been one hell of a beach volleyball player! Dalhausser is 6'9". Peter Garrett tops out at 7 feet tall. And look at that wingspan!
I'm glad I finally figured out who Dalhausser reminded me of. That was bugging me. Here's a video of a great Midnight Oil song, "Beds Are Burning," about the plight of the Aborigine in Australia. I was delighted to see the lyrics added to the video, Indigo!

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing to watch them play :o)